I am sure that you all have noticed lately that my posting has been few and far between...I am not sure what has been going on around Hawthorne Place that has kept us so busy...but it is constantly busy! Anna Katherine constantly still fights me about keeping her hair up and out of her face, challenging even my strongest moments of self control. Chris and I still wonder where she gets all of her energy...But I will report that she has started to "tune-in" to TV with greater interest over the last 2 weeks. I am trying to sort through these cartoon-laden channels-which is difficult-because you know I don't really watch too much TV myself. But I have found a channel that seems to interest both of us-It's called the Sprout channel, and it plays alot of my old favorites like Sesame Street and Tom and Jerry. After being out of town A LOT over the last month, Chris is finally home with us in the evenings now, and Anna Kat thinks that is grand. It is also a big help to me as we have hit "a rough patch" with Anna Kat's sleeping. We thought at first she was teething, which was causing her to wake up in the wee hours of the morning. It seemed to work if we gave her a bottle, she would nurse herself back to sleep. Well, no teeth ever showed up that I could tell, and now Miss Priss continues to want a bottle. At our 15 month check-up last Monday, Dr. Nobles called it "weird" that she would still have a bottle at all. She told me that now I had just trained my little angel and this was her new routine. uggh! I repeat: WHERE IS THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL TO THIS KID! So, Chris and I bit the bullet and have had to let our angel cry, cry, cry it out over the last week. She does go back to sleep...usually after 30 minutes. But just when I was about to pull my hair out, she slept through the night again last night. So, wish us luck for tonight. We have cut off all bottles now, and switched to sippy cups. It was kind of nice to reclaim all that cabinet space that the bottles took up.
So that's pretty much got you all caught up now. Daddy, Denise and Alex did come to visit today which was a lot of fun, especially for Anna Kat. I am ashamed to report that I didn't take any pictures, we just enjoyed the day.

0 comments:
Post a Comment