

Kat loves books already! (Which makes her mom very happy) But, I confess that I did not have a large collection of children's books. Since we have been dating, Chris gives me a Dr. Seuss book every year at Christmas. So, I started reading those to the baby at first. The strangest thing happens...Just as I am getting into the groove of reading and am actually able to read the tongue-twisting words out loud, the baby starts to cry. She's done. She tolerates VERY LITTLE of Dr. Seuss. So, I remember my friend Ari (who is very literary inclined herself) talk about how fabulous she thought the Sandra Boynton books are for kids. I have bought a few of them, building on Kat's collection slowly. They ARE fabulous, and Kat just loves them. Our latest two are Snuggle Puppy and Pajama Time. There are a bunch of them out there, and they are all quick reads. Amazon.com sells them in sets that are priced very reasonable. So, If you know someone that is having a baby or need a gift for a baby or child-I don't think you can go wrong with these books. Kat enjoys hearing the stories, looking at the pictures, and some day these will be great starter books for her as she learns to read.
OnePlus 10 Pro
3 years ago

2 comments:
Mine love both of them!! They now have memorized the words to pajama time and they ask for us to read it almost every night!
I agree. Jack loves the Sandra Boynton books too. His new favorites are The Going to Bed Book and Pajama Time.
Post a Comment