CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturdays at the Pool



I am sorry that I haven't posted in a while. This week has been sooo busy with work for both of us. Anna Kat had her 1 year old Doctor visit yesterday.
Here's her stats:

weight: 20 lbs 8 ozs
height: 29 3/4 inches

She got LOTS of shots. It was time for the dreaded MMR shot (Measles, Mumps and Rubella). And, I am the freaky mother that is making the Doctor office break them up-so we just got the Measles portion yesterday. For all of those who aren't aware there has been some talk about the MMR shot (when all 3 combined) has a higher Mercury level, thus possibly causing Autism. Of course, everyone has their own opinion about this, but here's mine: If they can be given separately reducing the risk of a disease that will effect her the rest of her life, WHY NOT? So, we will go back in 1 month for the mumps portion, and then again in another month for the rubella. A little extra work on my part, but I think she's worth it :).
And after much stress at our house, Anna Kat is FINALLY using a sippy cup a little more. We are on phase-out of the formula, replacing it with Vitamin D milk AND phasing out ALL bottles for the sippy cup. We are doing well, but not there yet. Then, the doctor told me yesterday that at this age, she is only supposed to have 16 ozs of milk a day. Humm...my child is drinking TWICE that amount! She said to phase out the bedtime bottle....WHO IS SHE KIDDING???



Uggh! I hope all of you have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend! Please take a moment to think about our troops who will be away from their families so that we can grill out with ours...

0 comments: