CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 06, 2008

July 4th Weekend

Ahhh...so it has come to an end. Our July 4th weekend was very peaceful, and I hope that yours was everything you wanted it to be! Mother was here for the start of the weekend, which is ALWAYS a hit with Anna Kat. Our little one has become MORE independent this week and has shown a real interest in using the spoon again. She also has come to really, really, really like the Yo Baby yogurt. She often has it for breakfast, and sometimes for a snack.

She continues to LOVE her little, red car...as you see her here doing some drinking and driving...We have moved the car inside due to all of the late afternoon showers. I am SO thankful that we have a little room for her to have her toys spread out. :) I know to some, our house may look like a DISASTER of primary colors and plastic, but I have to say: After losing 2 children, our toy-filled space looks like my own piece of heaven!
Thursday night we took out the sailboat for the Thursday Night Fun Race at MYC. Anna Kat did NOT approve of her life jacket, and this was a source of much screaming throughout the night! Uggh! I will report that by Saturday, she wore the life jacket on the boat without giving it much thought. She had a big party on Thursday at School and we were selected to bring cookies. Wednesday night we baked chocolate chip and sugar cookies galore! Isn't this hat festive? Apparently, all the kids at school had them for the party. Anna Kat was still lovin' hers by the time she got home!
Friday we spent the first half of the day lounging around in Anna Kat's pool in the backyard, in her car, swinging and playing with DeDe before she headed back to Birmingham. It also gave me some time to lay out and finally read my Frank Stitt Cookbook and just veg. I couldn't help but think that sweet Harrison would have been 5 years old! Wow! I miss that little boy! In the afternoon we went to the yacht club pool and then to cookout at GiGi & Pawpaw's.
Saturday was spent with Chris's family on Rabbit Creek and Anna Kat LOVED! playing with Gabby at Gigi's all day.
Today was just another fun day at home. We got up early and took Anna Kat in the jogging stroller to the neighborhood park that is about 2 miles away. We love spending time there! What a nice weekend it has been just relaxing and doing just whatever comes along...I hope that you have had a great time enjoying the freedom of doing just whatever with your family, too! God Bless America!!!

0 comments: