CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Our First Sick Child Checkup


Ok-so everybody knows that Chris was sick with an Upper Respiratory Infection 1 1/2 weeks ago. THEN I got it Saturday night after the Christening. But last night the baby was very sniffuly (is that a word?). Of course, it was at it's worst at 4:30 this morning. Finally, after about an hour baby & me got back to sleep by sharing my pillow. Poor dear, she could not lay flat and breathe good at the same time! So, I took her to see Dr. McNair today. I am sooooo scared of her getting RSV, which is just a common cold for adults, but can be fatal for once-preemie babies for the first 2 years of her life. BUT- you will all be glad to know that the baby is fine. It's just upper respiratory crud in her nose, it's not in her chest. The MD did not even think she needed any medicine unless she starts to develop a fever over 101.4
Isn't that great? The visit wasn't totally wasted, because the MD got to see her cradle cap and prescribed some special shampoo and a topical creme that I have to apply for 1 week. So, my child will have a greasy head for the next week! Oh well, I guess I can deal with anything as long as it's not RSV! We are supposed to keep her upright, and so I bought her a wedge for her crib to keep her elevated. If worst comes to worst, she can always sleep in her bouncy seat!

0 comments: