CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 20, 2008

"Throw Me Somethin Mister!"






It's that time again....A time when something extracurricular takes center stage city-wide. Conversations turn to Ball tickets and hotel rooms, gowns and furs....Days of parades and revelry that ALL are touched by...It's time for Mardi Gras!!! I truly had NO IDEA how encompassing Mardi Gras was before I moved to Mobile. I mean, sure-every city has a weekend festival or two...but they are NO MATCH for this month of festivities! Chris is in a mystic society that always parades the night before Fat Tuesday, or on a day called Lundi Gras. Every year he has taken me to Toomey's, the place you go to buy all of your "throws" to get a special trinket for the year. This year was extra special because it was Kat's first year in tow. She had such a good time at Toomey's. (OK-Maybe WE had such a good time watching her at Toomey's). Anyway--She picked out a Nemo necklace this year as her inaugural bead. It is really neat because it lights up! Chris completely rolled his eyes at me as I asked the owner if his beads contained lead paint. He told me No, but then his wife promptly looked at my angelic child chewing already on her necklace and reminded me that ANY bead was a choking hazard. YEAH, yeah...Try to have an 8 month old who DOESN'T put EVERYTHING in her mouth. HAPPY MARDI GRAS! LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!!!!

0 comments: