Well, just about as soon as I had written the last post, yesterday, Kat started to crawl. We had a power-packed Saturday, for sure! Kitty and Norbert wanted to take Kat to get her first pair or REAL pre-walker shoes. (That's now what they call the leather high-tops that we all wore as babies.) So we had a real family event at J Ray Shoes at 10 am! Even Gabby went and tried on a few pair....The baby was officially measured at size 3 1/2. They say she has a narrow foot, which I NEVER would have expected.
Then, Anna Kat and I went to David Fillers 2nd Bday party. Kat was so excited to see all of her friends there: Reed, Pape, David and Stella. Even our neighbors were there with their little girl, Mary Elizabeth. Mary Elizabeth is also 2 and we are expecting her new little sister to arrive this Thursday. So, I figure the 3 of them will definitely be the Hawthorne Place Get-A-Long gang here shortly!
After a much needed 2 hour nap, our darling daughter was ready to play! Chris went to pick up Gabby and they had a good afternoon together. We all had a Foosackly's chicken finger and french fry dinner...(the baby had 1 french fry) We colored and read books and told stories that we made up. The girls loved reading "Pajama Time" by Sandra Boynton as they got into their own PJ's.
This was also my weekend on call at work. But thank goodness, I haven't had any patients. I was supposed to have 2, but they did not discharge from the hospital. I think that is a good call on the MDs part, because it has been rainy and nasty most of the weekend here. Nothing like trying to climb your door steps after a new knee surgery in the rain...
I hope that ya'll are having a fun weekend wherever you are!

0 comments:
Post a Comment